The event is cancelled
For health reasons due to the current coronavirus pandemic, the fifth edition of the Petzl RopeTrip®, originally scheduled to take place from September 28 to October 2, 2020, is officially cancelled.
Every two years, the Petzl RopeTrip brings together the worldwide rope access community for a work-at-height competition and a technical symposium. In a warm, fun, and truly collegial atmosphere, participants share techniques and expertise working in the vertical world.
The local currency is the Singapore Dollar: €1 is worth approximately 1.5 SGD$.
We have negotiated reduced rates for the event. The Camelot team from Safra Adventure Sports Centre will manage all reservations. Click here before January 30, 2020, to have one of the pre-reserved rooms held for you. After January 30, 2020, we will not be able to guarantee you a room at the negotiated rate.
Contact Camelot : email@example.com
Getting to the Orchid Country Club Hotel from Changi Airport.
By train/rapid transit: approximately 60 minutes and SGD$ 1.96.
- From Changi Airport, take line 2 EW (East West Line – green) to Tanah Merah.
- Continue in the same direction, take the EW line to Tuas Link, and get off at the City Hall station.
- Change line and take the 4 NS line (North South Line – red) towards Jurong East. Get off at Khatib (Yishun) station. Take exit A: Yishun Avenue 2, Yishun Stadium
The Orchid Country Club provides a free shuttle service from the Yishun MRT stop to the hotel. For the timetable, click here. Walking to the hotel from the subway station takes approximately 30 minutes.
By bus: approximately 1hr 30min - SGD$ 1.96
- From the airport, go to bus stop Changi Airport PTB1,
- Take bus 858 towards W’Lands Temp Int and get off at the stop Aft Seletar Camp G,
- Walk to the Aft Seletar Camp G stop for bus 117,
- Take bus 117 towards Sembawang Int,
- Get off at the Orchid Country Club stop,
- Walk 10 minutes to reach the hotel.
By taxi: approximately 30min - SGD$ 25
By car: You have the option of renting a car, and need an international driver’s license as well as your passport (still valid for at least 6 months).
For more information on diving in Singapore, please click here.
Nearby restaurants and supermarkets
There are several restaurants and one supermarket within the hotel complex.
In and around Safra, there are several sit-down and fast-food restaurants.
Legislation in Singapore
It is illegal to possess and/or consume narcotic substances. It is illegal to drink alcohol in public. Cigarette smoking is also banned in public, including outdoors, with the exception of certain specifically designated areas. Local laws also strongly discourage chewing gum.
We recommend that you check the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs website to determine if you need a visitor’s visa to attend in the 2020 Petzl RopeTrip® in Singapore.
Every competitor must have the following equipment:
- 1 fall arrest harness (EN 361, ANSI Z359.1 or .11, CSA Z259.12, EN 361 or the equivalent, or 1 seat harness (EN 813) + a standardized chest harness),
- 1 self-braking descender (EN 341, ANSI Z359.4, CSA Z259.2.3, EN 12841 C or the equivalent) with a compatible auto-locking carabiner (EN 362, ANSI Z359.1, CSA Z259.12),
- 2 or 3 rope clamps (EN 567, NFPA 1983 or the equivalent): a chest rope clamp and hand rope clamp, or two hand rope clamps, or a chest rope clamp and two hand rope clamps,
- 1 mobile fall arrest device (EN 353-2, ANSI Z359.1 or .15, CSA Z259.2.1, EN 12841 A or the equivalent) with an accompanying lanyard and compatible connector,
- 1 double or triple lanyard with compatible auto-locking carabiners (adjustable lanyards will be accepted),
- 1 helmet designed and certified for rope access work,
- 1 pair of safety boots and clothing suited for rope access work.